Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

DVR serious fault

Hi
I hope that sone one from VM picks up this message I also have the dreaded green screen reporting a serious issue with the DVR. It has now been left for 20 hrs trying to restart with no resolve. I have been unable to get through on the help number. I understand that I will probably require a new box & don’t know how else to organise one.

Thanks Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR serious fault

Hi Steve,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable just in case that's faulty?

If that doesn't work then it seems you have the green screen of death and will need a box replacement.

It's not the words you want to hear, but the quickest method is using the phone unfortunately.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Forum Staff can take between a few days to a week to pick up your issue here.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos