Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

DVR has detected serious error

Hi

I have the green screen of death on my TiVo box. I did manage to get through to customer support on 24th Oct and was promised a call from a virtual engineer 'within 4 hours'. That call never materialized.

Is there a VM employee who would be able to check up on the status of my case or is it a case of calling them back?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR has detected serious error

Hi craftybeer,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your TIVO box.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. ( this is probably what the virtual engineer was going to do, and not a callback)

Hopefully doing that will prompt VM to either send out a replacment box and/or engineer.

Tpo be totally honest though, I believe you will need to call up and go through faults again

Hopefully the automated system should recognise you've laready tried to rectify the green screen of death and an agent should pick the phone up and order a replacement.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'd go further newapollo - this "virtual engineer" was possibly C/S talk for "I don't know how to solve this, so I'll say something to get you off the line and let someone else fix this".

In either case, the green screen means your hard drive has failed, and you need a replacement box. Sorry to say it @craftybeer , but any other outcome is simply kicking the can down the road. There's been a few examples of this being C/S' telephone resolution for the green screen error lately, and I'm going to flag this thread to VM forum staff for their attention.

In the meantime, I'm afraid the best resolution is exactly as newapollo has suggested - call back to TV Faults and arrange a replacement box. The failed hard drive cannot be repaired by any amount of resets or "sending signals".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the prompt replies japitts and newappollo.

Phone call received this morning and upgrade to v6 box now in the post!

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi craftybeer,

Thanks for the update,

Hopefully you'll be up and running without any problems in a few days.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos