cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR green screen again

plums1
Joining in

I’ve got the green DVR fault screen again tonight so I’m currently waiting through the 3 hour reset. e this happened was on 2 July, so just a couple of weeks ago.  Can I request either a tech visit or a new TiVo box through here please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi plums1 

I've moved your post here to the Tivo section since you mentioned a tivo box - forum staff seldom check the posts in the natter forums.

The, "the DVR has detected a serious problem and is trying to fix it; do not switch off for 3 hours”. message is commonly known as the green screen of death. It means that your hard drive has failed. It's not very often that the box is able to recover from this, and if by some miracle it does, then it's only a  matter of time before it fails completely.

You should try speaking to  the faults team by calling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi plums1 

I've moved your post here to the Tivo section since you mentioned a tivo box - forum staff seldom check the posts in the natter forums.

The, "the DVR has detected a serious problem and is trying to fix it; do not switch off for 3 hours”. message is commonly known as the green screen of death. It means that your hard drive has failed. It's not very often that the box is able to recover from this, and if by some miracle it does, then it's only a  matter of time before it fails completely.

You should try speaking to  the faults team by calling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi plums1 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing the green DVR failure screen. As mentioned by newapollo, this usually indicates that the hard drive has failed, or a failure has occurred, which may be repairable, but in most cases, is the sign of an imminent failure.

I've taken a look on our side, and can see you've spoken with our team since post, and they have been able to replace the equipment. Please do let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ