Menu
Cyoung
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Curzon Home Cinema

I have been notified by that this service will shortly cease to be available to VM subscribers. Disappointing to note this further deterioration of VM's offering.

LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Curzon Home Cinema

Hi Unfortunately contracts with third parties come to an end for various reasons.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

neither sky nor bt have it. it has been on virgin nearly 4 years. going by just a handful of comments on here about the service, i would suspect not many were using it.

you can still get it on apple tv and amazon fire stick.

0 Kudos
Paul_C
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So if not many are using it that's a reason to axe it? What happened to diversity and catering for minority interests?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I followed thus up yesterday. It looks like a decision of Curzon Cinema and not VM. One taken for their commercial reasons? But bear in mind that there is a cost to VM of carrying stuff that people aren't using. That cost may well deprive people of access to other services that they would find more useful or enjoyable. The VM platform does not have unlimited capacity.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'What happened to diversity and catering for minority interests'

howard's reply certainly is becoming a common theme. 'commercial reasons' is likely to be cost. too many channels trying to compete.

as for diversity. these are businesses making money. plenty of channels go under or reduce availability due to cost. unfortunately money rules. i've had a couple of favourite channels end due to that reason.
0 Kudos