cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contractor Cut My Cable.

Ianhoward49
Joining in

Hi,

I am having a new driveway installed, but the contractor has cut through my cable. I am finding it impossible to contact Virgin regarding this. I have made a technicians appointment online, by saying my service is not working,  is this suitable for this type of problem?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the problem you have with your service? I would assume that by having your cable cut, that you are off-service?

If not - what is the issue? I don't personally see anything wrong with using whatever options it takes, to get a tech appointment if that is what you genuinely need. But many problems can either be perceived, or resolved by other means - and don't necessarily need a tech appointment. So what's your issue - are you off-service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I imagine you are well and truly cut off. 

Keep in mind that there will probably be a modest £25 no fault call out fee here too. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Thank you for your reply.

My underground cable is now in 2 pieces, so well & truly no service. I have now managed to get an appointment to have the cable fixed.

Thank you.

Yes, £25 fee, this will just be passed on to the contractor.

Hi @Ianhoward49,

Glad to hear you have an engineer visit booked. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Happy weekend 🌞

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs