cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Virgin by Phone??

gary247
Joining in

Hello all - missing a few channels from my Tivo box, have been through troubleshooting steps. Does anyone know of a way to actually speak to a human at Virgin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error, and any advice for "my picture is pixellating" applies equally to this.

Check cables are all finger-tight, use 0800 5610061 to check for area faults, then use the normal fault reporting avenues. Either calling in on 0345 4541111 (or 150 from a VM phone) or wait here for staff to update.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there gary247,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're missing a few channels! Can I ask what channels you are missing in particular?

Also what package you are currently on?
Let us know,

Kain

gary247
Joining in

Hi Kain

Thanks so much for swift reply. Some examples :-

ITV2-HD (channel 115) - but can get on +1 on channel 315

E4-HD (channel 106) - but can get on +1 on channel 306

ITV3-HD (channel 117) but can get on +1 on channel 317

ITV4-HD (channel 118) but can get on +1 on channel 318

Package = Mixit TV

Have a feeling that I need to retune channels, but have tried without success, so probably doing something wrong. Do you have a "baby-steps" guide to retune, don't really want to reset the Tivo box

Thanks again

Gary

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say you're missing these channels - can you explain further?

Specifically - are they not showing on your EPG (TV guide) or greyed out? Or do you get an error code/message when you select them - if so, what is it?

These two scenarios would require different fixes. There certainly isn't a need to retune channels in the way you suggest, that's something which only applies to the Freeview terrrestrial platform and not Virgin Media's cable-based services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for coming back to us @gary247.

If you're able to refer to the helpful post by @japitts, we'll be best placed to help assist further and hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you, in a timely manner.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

They show (not greyed out) but give an error code W02 when trying to access (which advises reboot, already done)

Thanks for coming back to us @gary247.

Can you please ensure that all cables are fully connected and finger tight?

This includes cables that are running to and from both the set top box and wall socket.

Thanks,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error, and any advice for "my picture is pixellating" applies equally to this.

Check cables are all finger-tight, use 0800 5610061 to check for area faults, then use the normal fault reporting avenues. Either calling in on 0345 4541111 (or 150 from a VM phone) or wait here for staff to update.

gary247
Joining in

Thanks so much guys!!! - all working now! (had reseatted the cables before, but this time, took them out, gave a wee bit of a clean and put back)

Thanks for updating us with the good news gary247 🙂

I'm glad it's back up and running now, if you need any further help, you know the Community is always here for you!

Thanks,

Megan_L