Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contact / Help

My Tivo Box stopped working over a week ago. I HAVE SPENT HOURS HANGING ON THE PHONE TO VIRGIN MEDIA, SENT NUMEROUS MESSAGES AND EMAILED THE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT SEVERAL TIMES.  10 DAYS WITHOUT TV AND I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO GET VIRGIN MEDIA TO RESPOND TO ME APART FROM TAKING MY DIRECT DEBIT OF £114 PER MONTH?

Note: I have tried all the resets etc. many times. The Tivo box is making repeating wiring/buzzing noises and does nothing else.  research on line suggests it is the Tivo box internal drive which has failed.  I just want a contact from them.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact / Help

You seem to have your caps lock stuck on in your first paragraph, which many on the internet consider to be shouting 😉

@MartinJohnYoung wrote:

Note: I have tried all the resets etc. many times. The Tivo box is making repeating wiring/buzzing noises and does nothing else.  research on line suggests it is the Tivo box internal drive which has failed.  I just want a contact from them.

Yes, I'd tend to agree this sounds like a failed hard drive. VM staff respond on here, but are currently taking around a week. I know a few people who have called 150 recently and got through in <10minutes, which in the current climate doesn't seem unreasonable.

You could also try the text message service on 07533 051809, but it won't give you an immediate response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact / Help

Hi MartinJohnYoung, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look into the back end of things and can see that since posting you've spoken to the team and we provided an engineer visit. 

How did things go with the visit? 

Do let us know if you need anything else 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos