Menu
Charmer1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant freezing watching iPlayer

IPlayer frequently freezing during playback. Netflix also does this every now and then too. IPlayer works fine on iPad and laptop so presume issue is with TiVo box. Grateful for advice.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant freezing watching iPlayer

Are you using a V6 or a TiVo? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Charmer1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts,

It is a TiVo box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It depends if the freezing is being caused by the box's internet connection being dropped, to an extent. The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, and on the front-left of the box there's 3 green lights. The second from left has a heart symbol next to it and should be solidly on to indicate a solid & stable internet connection.

If ever that light flashes, your box has a fault that's causing the internet to drop - this will cause anything that uses the internet (iPlayer included) to fail.

If that's not the case, then the cause could just be the TiVo being an older box and not quite so suitable for using apps such as the iPlayer. If you have VM broadband, you may wish to consider a swapout to the newer V6 box. It's much quicker and far more suitable for using apps, as well as having 6 recording tuners rather than the TiVo's 3 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Charmer1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great, very helpful, thank you. I will keep an eye on the lights and contact Virgin if I think the old TiVo box is to blame.

0 Kudos