cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about returning equipment

Bascombe16
Joining in

Hi, we have an old TiVo box and hub 3 which we want to recycle or return. I've seen all the confusing older posts about what equipment virfin wants back, I've also gone to the site to request return packaging but get an error message when entering our account number, which is apparently one digit short. Some clear and accurate advice would be great. Do I persist with trying to return and if so how? Or can I just recycle locally? 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Bascombe16 

Most account umbers are 9 digits in length, if your account only has 8 numbers then precede it with a leading zero. IE account number 12345678 would be 012345678.

According to  the latest information VM don't require the older Tivo or hub 3's returning as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment  and you can recycle that equipment.

You can double check which TV set top box you have on <<< this page >>>  the older Tivo is the one on the right hand side.

If you do decide to return the equipment which is environmentally friendly then I suggest you enclose a covering letter along with the serial numbers and keep the returns receipt for tracking purposes

A member of the forum team should pick this up in a day or two and confirm what you should do.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bascombe16
Joining in

Many thanks Dave, I'll give it a few days to see if a member of the virgin team replies, failing that I'll just go ahead and recycle them. 

Hey Bascombe16,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having trying to return your equipment, have you checked the picture of your box on the link provided by newapollo?

If your TV box is an older Tivo box and not a V6, we wouldn't need any of the equipment back and it can be recycled. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L