Menu
golf20vT
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Condor on Sky 1 series 2 (unwatchable?)

Hi,

we've been tying to watch the second series of Condor on Sky 1 (not HD) and it's unwatchable? it's like watching a flick book (compression issues) tried streaming it and watching the recording we've done)

Anybody else had this problem? 

Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Condor on Sky 1 series 2 (unwatchable?)

Are you saying that watching Sky-1-SD on channel 110 is giving a poor picture? Or watching Condor using VOD? (Video On Demand)

If it's VOD, is other CatchUp or OD program affected? Or is it specific to Condor - in which case, which episode?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
golf20vT
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

was watching it on catch up, on my Tivo it was odd, both me and the Mrs said there was something wrong with this? it's like watching a flick book (speeding up and slowing down?) like some of the frames have been taken out? Had a quick look at series 2 episode 2 which seems fine, it's just the first episode of the second series (several people at work had the same problem both live and catch up?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried a couple of those episodes myself and I'd agree something doesn't look right on a quick passing glance, but I can't put my finger on what,... and i've got those episodes recorded so don't want to spoil them too much 😉

On the assumption that you've said the problem is asset-specific, then hopefully either someone else doesn't mind checking these on their box, or VM forum staff can check themselves.. that may not be until Monday.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there golf20vT.

I've tried to re-create this and can see what you mean. I think an IT ticket will be required for this and can see that it's the 1st two episodes. Are you seeing the same problem episodes or are you seeing different episodes showing the problem?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
golf20vT
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Condor on Sky 1 series 2 (unwatchable?) UPDATE

I've spoken to a friend who works for SKY

apparently there was a problem with Series 2 episode 1 

it was something to do with the compression ratio? (the download version was around half of what it should have been)

I've managed to watch that episode on the american site and it was totally different 

time to move on, 

0 Kudos