Menu
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Compensation

Since the middle of May up until the middle of July I have been without Broadband every single day for up to 6 hours at a time. A few days ago I received a text saying that everything was now working again and luckily yes it is.

Why have I not received any compensation from Virgin Media, I have emailed them under complaints, no reply. I have spoken to customer services and they say they will compensate me per Ofcom regulations, when???  

When you have no broadband at all over the weekends, and the odd hours during the week and are paying for Amazon Prime and Netflix but cannot watch it we should get some money back.  If I do not hear from them I will be writing to Ofcom themselves.   

Has this happened to anyone else where they have been without service for up to 6 hours at a time seven days a week since the middle of May up until the middle of July.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation

Hello sweetthing, 

Thank you for posting on our community forum page and apologies for the loss of service you recently experienced. 

Total loss of broadband is when you are unable to connect to the internet using a wired connection. Any broadband issues relating to intermittent issues, slow speeds or a degraded service aren’t considered a total service loss.

Your service would have needed to be affected for 24 hours to be entitled for compensation. 

If your broadband was down for 6 hours at a time then you wouldn't qualify under the automatic compensation scheme. 

You can find a full breakdown of our automatic compensation scheme by clicking here.

Regards, 

Dean C