Menu
Mfrickops
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Child made Game purchases

While I was at work and my missus was taking a nap with my baby daughter, my son who’s 9 , was watching TV.

was searching something on TiVo menu and found games.

spent £110 on black jack tokens.

phoned customer service to resolve, but my answer was since he knew the password, which is 1234 , already set when we got the TiVo box, it wasn’t hard to guess? I even didn’t know there’s games and you can spend a lot of money on some tokens, now I have £110 bill and 147k tokens in black jack.

can I get them refunded?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Child made Game purchases

Hi Mfrickops, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear about your recent bill, I can appreciate this ins't ideal. 

I do have to advise the information you've been provided is correct, as the password has been given then the charges are valid. The password would allow you to access any restricted content. The password can also be changed moving forward if needed, this can be done by giving us a call on 150/0345 454 1111. 

I'm afraid we would't be able to refund the charges. I do apologise for any upset this may cause and if you remain unhappy please check out our complaints code of practice here

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Mfrickops
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

He didn’t knew the password, he guessed it.

i even didn’t knew the password , cos I never used any purchases.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It would be the same code that is used to watch age restricted content On Demand, for example a movie from Sky Movies.

I would advise checking out our complaints code of practice if you remain unhappy with the information that's been provided. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Mfrickops
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I never used On Demand or Sky movies, that’s the reason the PIN would stay so simple as 1234.

i understand Virgin media is money grabbing company but there should be some exceptions.

0 Kudos