Menu
Jonnadearden
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Charged £35 activation fee

I've been charged the £35 activation fee on my first bill even though it was meant to be free. I have a confirmation email of this from when I placed the order. Mobile chat on the app wouldn't let me post the screenshot so I called and they said everyone gets charged that no matter what. Is this true? Is there an email address I send proof that I shouldn't be charged? Thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged £35 activation fee

Thank you for your post Jonnadearden and welcome to our community.

On your first bill you can have a welcome offer which removes the installation fee but this isn't the same as the activation fee, the one we offer would be the installation waived but the activation fee is not included in any welcome offers as far as we're aware as this is standard to connect your equipment up to the account and services on our systems. You can read more on your first bill here.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Jonnadearden
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying. I have a confirmation email which appears to confirm the activation fee should also have been waived. Is there a way I can send you a copy or a screenshot of that? It says the activation fee is worth £35 but I will be charged £0. Thanks.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonnadearden

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll happily look into this for you. I'll PM you now so we can discuss the account

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the email. If you could provide me the security details I have asked for in the above post via a forum PM message that'd be great 🙂

Kind regards

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jonnadearden
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I don't remember setting up a memorable word for email correspondence. Can I do this from my online account?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you could reply to my PM that would be amazing 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jonnadearden
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM Jonnadearden,

Just to update the thread, the paperwork was very kindly sent across and the adjustments to the balance made.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ted198x
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the same issue as well. Been charged £35 that I was not aware of. Can this be waived off?

0 Kudos