Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Channel

Hi I live in the Kent area, used to receive Meridian News. Now my local news is London, has anyone experienced this, if so is there a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel

There have been some recent changes to ITV-HD & ITV+1 channels, and this is quite likely related.

@nodrogdis especially familiar with these, and maybe able to assist here. It's unlikely to be a fault, but quite possibly an explanation 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channel

@julie0661 wrote:

Hi I live in the Kent area, used to receive Meridian News. Now my local news is London, has anyone experienced this, if so is there a solution.

Due to the way the network was built you receive your channels from a cable headend in Croydon. Up until now customers on this headend had London ITV in Standard Definition on 103 & Meridian South East ITV in High Definition on 113. At the beginning of the month ITV moved all regions to High Definition operation & removed Standard Definition with the result that channel 113 had to be vacated.

There is a similar situation with the BBC regions & for some time now the BBC South East service has been provided to Kent on channel 858. Meridian South East ITV has also moved further up the guide now & can be found on channel 871.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos