cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 4 app on VM

MikeD4
Tuning in

Hi

I have been watching an old TV drama on the channel 4 app called ER, it's from the 90s.

In total there are 15 series, but I can only access the 1st series from 1995. Has any one else had issues with not being able to access all of the series within a TV drama?

When I access the channel 4 app on my phone all of the 15 series are available, so I assume it's an issue with VM?

I currently have an open ticket with VM but all of the options tried so far have not worked, including broadband and TV hub resets.

Any ideas?

Regards

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MikeD4 

I've just tested on my 360 box. Only series 1 is showing as available in the app.

If I search in Catch Up then 15 series are available, however only episodes from series 1 actually play.

The rest show the following error message when trying to watch them.

Well this is embarassing
Something's not working. Please try again in a few minutes
3031-DEEPLINK-PROGRAMME

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MikeD4 

I've just tested on my 360 box. Only series 1 is showing as available in the app.

If I search in Catch Up then 15 series are available, however only episodes from series 1 actually play.

The rest show the following error message when trying to watch them.

Well this is embarassing
Something's not working. Please try again in a few minutes
3031-DEEPLINK-PROGRAMME

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Thank you so much for trying this, I'm glad to hear that it's not only my TV service that is at fault. I have an open ticket with the VM call centre and I will inform them that it's not my connection which is at fault.

Kind regards

Mike

I've just tried searching for ER on catch-up as you have done but it's not even showing there. At least you have that option on your 360 box. My TiVo doesn't show this programme.

Thanks for the advice

Mike

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO this is not necessarily a Virgin Media issue, but a C4 one.

This issue of programme availability varying via different platforms is covered on the BBC iPlayer FAQs, and although C4 don't have anything similar from what I can find - the fact that only S1 is listed on the C4-app is self-evidently the cause.

I concur that no episodes are currently listed via any of the VoD menus, whichever method you choose.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks