Menu
Beausejour2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing or Cancelling my Contract

It seems impossible to speak to anybody at Virgin Media even though I`ve tried all possible ways and I must admit, I have learnt the meaning of " banging your head against a brick wall".

My current home broadband 12 months contract ends on 24th October and my bill will go up from £27 a month to £49 a month which is something I won`t pay for so how can I either change my contract or cancel it all together knowing I can easily join BT for even less than my current contract charges. I have given up trying to talk to anybody because I have been disconnected half a dozen times, my text was answered 16 hours later and the text robot guy didn`t understand me.  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing or Cancelling my Contract

All telecoms providers offer introductory prices for new customers, which will then revert to standard rates after the initial 12/18months.

To negotiate your package and see what offers VM may be able offer you in return for re-contracting with them, you will need to speak to VM Retentions on 150 (or 0345 4541111).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beausejour2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts for your helpful answer. As stated on my original post I have tried all possible ways to speak to a PERSON at VM and I had an answer to my text 16 hours later. I was happy to wait for up to 60 minutes on the phone but they kept disconnecting the call.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi beausejour2020,

People phone at different times of the day and the call can be answered within 10 minutes sometimes, however when phoning it's always best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, as that's when lines are least busy

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear you're having trouble getting through to the team.

We can't do package changed or cancellations on forum but you can contact for package changes over the text service or using options 1, 4 then 4 when calling the team on the above numbers. 

If cancelling you can also mail a letter request to the address on our complaints code of practice.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos