Menu
Remma124
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Changing Source (Polaroid TV)

Just bought a new TV. I used to be able to change the source on my old TV by pressing TV for a few seconds then using the arrows to select a source. With my new tv I hold down tv and it just races between all the sources then when I release the tv button it just changes to which ever one it lands on at the time of releasing the button! Any ideas? I’ve tried the x4 codes for the remote but this has made no difference and tried the code in the list for Polaroid but that didn’t work at all. Thanks 🙏🏻  

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Source (Polaroid TV)

Hello,

It all depends on what make/model TV you have. Some TVs it won't even change the input around, other TVs it will work like normal and you can use directional buttons/ok for example your old TV, and then there is TVs out there where it acts like Russian roulette and it is pretty difficult to get it to stop on the input you want, unfortunately that seems to be the case with your TV.  

My LG TV at home it works normal I hold TV and then use the arrows/ok, my in-laws have a Toshiba TV and it does the same as yours, hold TV and it just goes through the list until you let go. 

So unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it, it's just the way it is depending on your TV

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
Remma124
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Source (Polaroid TV)

What a bummer, back to 2 remotes then. My old TV was an LG like yours. Thanks for your response. 

0 Kudos