Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Change of circumstances and charges

Hi  I have a virgin account one up from the basic package with broadband and home phone.  Boyfriend has the same except he has the full package except the movies. He wants to move in with me and have the package he has now on my account.  We are both on a 12 month contract since December 2019.  What is our best option and what charges will we attract

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of circumstances and charges

Generally it's better to cancel the cheaper package, although you will probably have to pay to end of contract, and get the higher package transferred.

But you need a customer services representative as they have billing access permissions to make amendments to customer accounts and check best deals and options.

If you have still been unable to get through on the phones or Live Chat on the Web site then you can send texts to this number 07533 051809 with details of the issue. Might take a while for a response but might be quicker than the other options

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of circumstances and charges

Usually when you’re ending your contract early , you have to pay an early termination fee.  I’m not sure what the right answer is but I’d assume they would upgrade your contract to his package and cancel his. Other option is to cancel yours and request a move and transfer of his equipment to your address which may work out cheaper. Like I said I am not 100% sure but from my experience I think these are the ways to do it but drop a phone call to customer service and they will be able to guide you. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos