Menu
Tracey141068
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Certain channels pixelated

Every day for the past couple of weeks a few channels are pixelated at certain times , channel 167 TLC and 406 skyfamily are a couple,  I have done a TV test and rebooted also I checked all connections , attached is the message that comes up after the TV test.

Screenshot_20200722-190647_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Certain channels pixelated

Hi Tracey141068,

those two channels, along with Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Comedy HD, Cartoon Network HD, Sony TV HD and Eurosport2 HD are on the same frequency, so it looks like a signal problem and would need an engineer to correct it.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Or you can wait here and see if a member of the Forum Staff pick this up, however it may take a day or two.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tracey141068
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Picture problems.

I too  have been having picture problems on several channels throughout the day .

This is happening on both out tivo boxes on the same channels   apparently all the channels are on the same frequency,  this has been happening for months now. 

Going around in circles on your website.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture problems.

@Tracey141068 

I've merged your post with the thread where you seem to have reported this previously.

You mention this has been happening for months, have you been able to follow newapollo's advice to call VM and report your fault? It's unfortunate that VM forum staff didn't follow your previous thread up as they normally would do.. but I'd certainly recommend calling into C/S to speak to them. There's also the text message service (07533 051809) but it's, by nature, probably better for simple faults.

If both of your boxes are affected by the same issue, it would tend to suggest the fault is on some common and/or external cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tracey141068
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,  didn't even get notified that my previous post was replied to , unfortunately can't get through to Virgin  on the phone constantly on hold.

Seems like it's all the channels that we have problems with are on the same frequency , happens randomly throughout the day , message on phone when ringing says to check website for solutions but website goes round in circles.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Tracey141068 wrote:

Thanks,  didn't even get notified that my previous post was replied to , unfortunately can't get through to Virgin  on the phone constantly on hold.

I would strongly recommend you "tough it out". Call queues can be quite bad at times, apparently less so earlier in the day.. there's the text message service (07533 051809) which can respond in a couple of days.

Ordinarily VM forum staff would pick posts up in a week or so - it would seem this one got missed which shouldn't happen. I've flagged this to VM forum staff, which might result in them picking up sooner. Please don't give up with calling in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos