Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Catchup now subscribe only

Hi All,
Can you tell us if there are any issue with catch up services now. We have a few channels like the history channel (now sky history). which used to be free to watch on catch up.

Now when you go to the catch up and try to watch a programme that was on yesterday for example the programs on some channels like the 'sky history' when you try to view on catch up

This has changed in the past few days. and was meant to be part of the package to view its just we cannot see catchups without subscribing
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catchup now subscribe only

Hi I believe some people where given channels that were not in thier packages during the lockdown which has now been withdrawn this may be the case with you so you would have to upgrade or pay per view.Regards. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The were in the package and have had them for years. Recently they have been rebranded by Sky but completely off today and some other channels.

On some of them I can get the channels just the catch up us now subscribe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Quicky.

Can we please confirm what box you have from us? It may state on the base of this. 

Can we also please confirm if this box has a wired connection to the Hub? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi quicky,

which package are you on?

you may be seeing the, "you need to subscribe message", because although you have the SD version of the channel in your package, they were actually recorded in HD. As you rightly say History rebranded to Sky History, but now there is no SD version ( unless you have access to the +1 channel)

It might be worthwhile recording the +1 version of Sky History. 

Virgin have supplied over 50 channels for free, all for a limited period since the start of the current Covid epidemic. They actually extended the free periods for a number of the channels, however the free viewing periods have now ended. A lot of customers are wanting these "extra" channels and are chaning their package spo they still have them available.

You could regrade your package bundle to access more channels or you can purchase small bundles to add extra channels.

Customers can add one Pick to their bundle for £10 per month with each subsequent Pick costing £7 per month. Picks can be changed every month.

The  Kids Pick is £5.

This is the link showing the Personal Picks 

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_May_2020...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its a Hub 3
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thats a nice sales pitch but already paying an awful lot for the service so more channels are not wanted thanks.

The issue was 'fixed' over the phone by Upgrading me..... (so more cost).... as my package was old (1 year old). Although the package I was moved to for free (at an extra charge) is different to what is on the advertising....

They can do nothing from the nusicence calls. (apparently from Virgin amongst others) Asking for my details etc.

It was agreed two years ago after this happened before that I would be contacted via email with a paddword to prove it was the Virgin staff. That is getting crazy now. Call at 8am onwards all blooming day to fix complaints I have not made....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

and on the new package we have now lost all of the kids channels.......
and others we had.
0 Kudos