Menu
Nicb91
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Catch up freezing

My catch up keeps freezing about 2 minutes into any programme on any channel. I have tried resetting the box, I’ve wiped it, taken all the cables out and reconnected and followed every guide online, still no joy. 
Cannot for the life of me get through to Virgin on the phone ... anyone got any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up freezing

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here - if you have a V6, how is it connected to your home hub?

There are some subtle differences with how each box connects to the internet to use On Demand, meaning the advice can differ slightly.

What happens (can you be specific) after the 2 minutes - does the box lockup? Does it return to the menu screen? And is this happening, by any chance, immediately after the lead-in adverts, or later into the actual program?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nicb91
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s a v6 box and it is connected by a Ethernet to the hub. 

it freezes immediately after the adverts, specifically after a Virgin media advert and freezes at the end of that advert. It does not go back to the menu it just stays frozen until I cancel off the programme 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you watching on a 4K TV by any chance? If so, there's two initial things to check:

1: have you moved the HDMI cable between TV inputs - what make & model of TV do you have?

2: Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output, what outputs are enabled?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Nicb91
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changing the hdmi port worked. Thank you 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem, glad you're sorted. For reference, and the benefit of others reading this thread..

A recent V6 software update is now enforcing HDCP2.2 copy protection on VOD programs when watching in 2160p. Many TVs don't necessarily support HDCP2.2 on all their HDMI ports, so you either need to find a port that does or drop your video output to 1080p/1080i.