Menu
ropere
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Catch up freezing

When trying to watch anything on catch up, it keeps freezing and the ‘wheel of death’ keeps circling, pausing the show before restarting. Same process repeats itself continuously. Normal tv is fine. Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up freezing

Thank you for the post Ropere.

Can we please confirm if you're experiencing any issues with your broadband service as this is what the Catch Up is run through? 

If not, could you please follow the below steps as well as checking the cables running into the Tivo box are all secure.

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
ropere
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thank you for responding. I have followed your instructions below and nothing changes. I think it is broadband issues as my phone is also ridiculously slow when connected to wifi! I keep checking and it says there are no issues in my area. I have run all the various tests and nothing crops up, but this is becoming a bit of an issue now as it has been going on for a while. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for following them instructions for me, is the Tivo box in question connected to the Hub through a wired connection or is this through WiFi? 

If through WiFi would you be able to disconnect this and reconnect this through the Network section of the Tivo Settings? 

If others are experiencing issues over WiFi as well could you please ensure the Hub is out in the open, upright and 1 metre away from other electrical devices if possible? This would ensure the clearest WiFi signal as it's passed through the air to your device and cupboards and electrical signals can interfere with this. I'll include a link to our WiFi help page here for you as well as this may include further tips to fix this. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos