Menu
Anniegrim
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Catch up crashing & pixelation

On trying to watch programmes on catch up it invariably crashes throughout the programme at least once but generally more than this.  Always have to check the connection every time and eventually resort to rebooting the whole system (have checked that all wires are connected properly)

Just recently while watching live tv the pixelation on several channels is dreadful and makes watching the programme impossible.  Has happened on different channels at different times (just this afternoon it was happening on 'Pick' but happens a lot on Stv and BBC.  To sort this we have to reboot the TiVo box thus missing around 5 minutes of the programme!!  Have seen us rebooting around 3-4 times a day throughout the day!!

i have checked on forums here and have done everything suggested and it is still not sorted and I have resorted to this as I cannot hold on the phone to customer services for ages for then having to explain this to someone who can't understand what I'm saying!!  I had an issue resolved on here previously so hopefully this can do the same this time!??

thanks, Anniegrim

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up crashing & pixelation

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 box?

You can check if you're not sure - https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html 

Your box certainly sounds a little unwell. Pixellation on live TV is a symptom of incoming signal issues, but you shouldn't need to reboot the box anymore than perhaps once a week.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anniegrim
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure it's a TiVo box

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'd strongly recommend calling VM and reporting this as a fault.

The chances are, your box is slowly (or not) dying a death, and needs replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Anniegrim
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's only 1 year old!!  Do they give you second hand refurbished boxes??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you don't have Virgin broadband, then you'll get a TiVo as a replacement. If you have VM broadband, you could well get a V6.

0 Kudos
Anniegrim
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I do have broadband with virgin!!

will see what happens - thanks for your help and if one of the virgin operators don't come onto this thread soon I'll contact the customer service, however, as I said in my original post, it's very difficult to explain over the phone as I cannot hold a lengthy conversation as my voice gets very weak after talking for a few minutes and when I contacted them previously I got an operator that I couldn't understand very well along with a very bad connection with them which didn't help!!  

Thanks again, japitts

0 Kudos
Ajans
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem. Cant speak to a human at Virgin, their automated answer is turn it off and back on again. Their amazing online fault service gives the same answer.  Absolutely useless.

0 Kudos
Anniegrim
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get hold of customer service via an online chat and they organised a visit from an engineer which happened this morning.  

They have changed my box from a TiVo box to a v6 box.

so far so good on this so thanks for help on this topic and we will see how this progresses!!

cheers

a

0 Kudos
shaleman
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I wondered if the new box has cured the issue with Catchup TV?

I have been experiencing the same issues with the connection being lost when trying to replay programmes using Catch Up. I have a TivoBox.

0 Kudos