Menu
nickrailroad
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling direct debit as can't get through

I have been trying for 3 days to get to speak to someone about my bill being increased by 37%.  I understand that my 12 month deal has come to an end, and hope to get it back to a reasonable price.

What will happen if I just cancel my direct debit?  I think this will be the quickest way for someone to get in touch with me!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling direct debit as can't get through

Hello

Cancelling the direct debit is not a good idea as once a payment tires to be taken and fails all Virgin will do is mark it as bad debit and transfer to the debit collectors.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi as DJ_shadow1966 says plus it will affect your credit rating which means it can affect getting a mortgage, phone contracts, credit cards, hire car's, the list is endless and will cause you so many problems, and virgin will not care.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
BradCobbs1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How did you get on with this? Been with Virgin 2 months and had no end of problems. They want £250 to cancel even though it’s been practically useless. 
cant get through like yourself, had countless engineers out and different hubs. 
I’m not paying for a service that doesn’t work and that I don’t even use anymore. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

have you followed the complaints process?
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’m not paying for a service that doesn’t work and that I don’t even use anymore. 

Look mate, the people responding to you are Virgin Media customers.  We know the ups and downs (and deeper downs) of being with VM.  But if your direct debit is refused, as already stated, you will get a big brown skid on your credit rating.  That can affect future energy deals, mobile, broadband, credit cards mortgages, even job offers.  For the next six years, until 2026.

Now, if you hold out, fair enough, that is your choice and it doesn't affect me - my credit history is cleaner than my cat's bottom*. But trust me on this, unless you already have a soiled credit history, you will come to regret this.  

My advice (which simply reiterates some good advice other posters have already given you) is to get your DD reinstated, search, read and follow the VM complaints code of practice, and if need be escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.

The only person hurt by cancelling your direct debit is you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BradCobbs1,

Thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry that you've been having problems with your services and haven't been able to get the help you need. 

Can you let us know what issues you're having and we'll see what we can do to help?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos