cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we remove the channel logos from the TV screen?

gsrz036
Tuning in

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the channel logos from the TV picture?

I can do it from the guide pages (green button and select the option to not display logo), but haven't found anywhere to remove them from the main TV screen. I think there was an option on the V6 in Accessibility settings but I can't find the corresponding one on the TiVo box.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gsrz036 wrote:

Sorry, I've tried to add a photo but when I press Done, I just come back to this text box.

You can't have waited for the picture to complete uploading. It will need manually approving before being publicly visible, but should be evident immediately.

BBC1 & BBC don't have DOGs, but I can't think of (m)any others that don't. Some of the Sky Entertainment ones are part-time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you mean the logos that are part of the broadcast picture, then this is produced by the broadcasters themselves and can't be removed.

Or perhaps a picture of the logo you're talking about, would help clarify.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your reply. We've just bought an OLED TV and I'd read that if the same image is on screen for a long time there's a possibility the image gets burned in.

The TV has Freeview and I've managed to switch of logos via the TV settings, but I can't find an equivalent in the TiVo box settings.

Cheers 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed, screen burn is a problem with these logos on some TVs.

If the logo you're asking about is the DOG, then it's part of the broadcast picture and cannot be removed.

Perhaps take a picture of the logo you believe is removable, and post it as a reply on this thread - photos can be added to replies by using this button in replies...

japitts_0-1665508103843.png

Apologies, I thought I'd switched off logos on Freeview, but when I tried to take a photo for comparison with the TiVo box the logo for 4HD is still displayed in the top left.

There aren't logos on BBC1.

Sorry, I've tried to add a photo but when I press Done, I just come back to this text box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gsrz036 wrote:

You can't have waited for the picture to complete uploading. It will need manually approving before being publicly visible, but should be evident immediately.

BBC1 & BBC don't have DOGs, but I can't think of (m)any others that don't. Some of the Sky Entertainment ones are part-time.

Sorry, I've only just setup this account and this is my first attempt to ask a question.

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers 

Thanks for pointing me at that article. Sounds like I don't need to worry.