Menu
Heliecopter
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can’t get anyone to talk to.

I only wanted to find out how much it would be to add sky movies to my package but after 20 minutes on the phone on hold and 30 minutes with a chat but also on hold I have now given up. Earlier this week I had very poor Internet speed 30 mbps instead of 200 mbps. 3 calls to rude customer service including one hang up after two hours of that I gave up. Not sure what’s happening at virgin media but customer service is appalling I’m never rude and incredibly patient person let’s see what other companies have to offer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t get anyone to talk to.

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear you've had trouble contacting the team, our team work on an availability based system so there can be a wait during busy periods. 

You may be able to look at package upgrades online here as well as calling the team. 

In regards to your internet speeds, could we please confirm if this is through a wired speed test or is this through WiFi? 

Thank you, Emily.

Heliecopter
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

thanks for you’re email. I tried again through web chat this morning. All l wanted to know was how much adding sky cinema to my package would be. But he/she kept trying to get me to change my package telling me it would be cheaper. Which it would but for only for 12 months! Took ages to get to figure l needed £21. Also, the package l then queried was for new customers only. To be honest the dealings put me off. Nowtv do sky cinema for half that 11.99 so looking into that when l have time in the week.  I’m thinking of just keeping broadband (which is excellent 99% of the time) & getting tv/sky cinema through Now tv or even sky.  Shame vm just interested in getting new customers not keeping existing ones. 
My speed test was on iPhone & iPad through wired router. It appears to be fine now Emily, shame it took 3 calls and 2hours to sort. The last guy clearly knew more & got it up and running. 
kind regards

Helen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen,

I'm sorry to hear that your customer experience when calling us about the pricing wasn't simpler and we will feed this back to the Team so they make it clear whether the pricing is for new or current customers. Have you tried logging into your account and try to select Sky Cinema to see?

With regards to your speeds, the best way to run to a speed test is to use a device such as a laptop connected to your Hub via a cable to get the true speed. Please let us know if you're having problems with your speeds or are unable to check the pricing in your account so we can help.

Regards,

Lisa

Heliecopter
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, when l logged in to my vm current package the only upgrades l was offered was a SIM card there’s no search bar there to further explore. When l looked closer at my tv package & put sky cinema in it just showed all cinema channels no option to add. Maybe viewing on iPad doesn’t give you all web site functionality. I have since found out price which is 21 & a little too much for me to justify with vm.

My internet speed is much better now and yes in future l will hard wire with my lap top. 
Thank you Lisa

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Happy to hear that the internet speed is sorted, please monitor it and let us know if you experience further problems with it.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos