Menu
Willbur
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can not connect new Cisco TiVo

I took delivery of a new Cisco TiVo as mine had reached the end. When I tried to connect I was suffering from a connectivity error 7011. I was told by a helpful VM helper to do the following:

turn off power, hold left+right+OK buttons on the front panel, power on.  On a Cisco, keep the buttons held until the box starts to run. 

I followed these directions and I do get the updating screen stating it will take a few minutes to complete new digital settings.  The bar does move through the updating stage 1 (of 3) but then loops back again to stage one each time the bar completes. It doesn’t make it to stage 2 (of 3) just keeps going back to stage 1. Am I doing something wrong?

Please help. I have been without a tv for over a week.

Thanks

0 Kudos
C_Butcher86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can not connect new Cisco TiVo

Hi,

Please send me a PM with your account number and area ref and I can take a look for you.

Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you phoned the activation number to get the new box activated on your account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Willbur You should not post account numbers or other personal details in a public forum.  Your post has been moved to a private area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Willbur
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

I have not as much was never instructed to. Which number is this, do you know? I trust it’s a different one to the main number as nobody is picking up. Do I have to quote some number?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It should be on the instructions that came with the new box.  If you can't find it try 08009539500

0 Kudos
Willbur
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Astonishing! Why does nine in the paperwork state I need to complete the task of phone registering the new box.

many thanks and much kudos!

willbur

0 Kudos