Menu
Hugh104207
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can I connect TiVo box to internet

Hello all, I was wondering if I am able to connect my virgin TiVo box to my virgin WiFi hub using a wired Ethernet connection for on demand service. This is because sometimes my on demand tv service will disconnect (error code c130). There is an Ethernet port on the back of my TiVo box so I’m assuming it could work. My box is the older version of tv box not the v6 box.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I connect TiVo box to internet

Hello

Connection via Ethernet will not make any difference to the C130 error as all the on-demand apps on the Tiivo only use the in built modem and transfers the required data down the coaxial connection and not by Ethernet. The only use the Ethernet has if you have two boxes it will allow access of the recording on another device.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I connect TiVo box to internet

Unfortunately not, the Ethernet port will allow network remote control and TV GO but will not help with streaming, give virgin a ring and see if you can get an upgrade to the V6

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos