Menu
Ratlady
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can C130 actually be fixed?

I'm so frustrated at having to watch Catch-Up, On Demand, Netflix and streaming videos in five minute increments.  The programmes and films I'm trying to watch - and have paid for - drop out repeatedly.  Yes I get the flashing green light, and yes it usually corrects itself after another five minutes or so, but it's really no way to watch television.  Utterly unreliable and consequently pointless, and this has been going on for years.  CAN it be fixed permanently? or is Sky a better option?  I've been with Virgin Media for over 20 years but this service is appalling.  And of course due to the virus there's no way to contact Virgin Media by phone to try and get help.  Any advice would be very welcome.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can C130 actually be fixed?

The call centres are open, there are also agents working from home.

I take it you've followed the online advice for Virgin-tv-error-codes/c130 

And also signed into Check Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults. If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

You can also run a test against the TIVO box from the Check Service status page. 

By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer.

If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved?Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can C130 actually be fixed?

@Ratlady wrote:

I'm so frustrated at having to watch Catch-Up, On Demand, Netflix and streaming videos in five minute increments.  The programmes and films I'm trying to watch - and have paid for - drop out repeatedly.  Yes I get the flashing green light

Your box has a fault, and yes that can very easily be fixed by reporting it to Virgin Media who should arrange either an engineer visit or replacement box.

What do you mean by "no way to contact Virgin by phone"? Virgin's fault-reporting C/S is still open.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos