Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

C219 Constant Error

I have just moved into a house which previously had Virgin TV installed . The sales team said I could use quick start and it would be easy! Hub in kitchen / tv in lounge.  The only way I seem to be able to connect is via wifi . I have followed all instructions but keep getting C219.  Any ideas ?  I have no way of using the ethernet cable . 

Do I need an engineer ?

I have tried all day and yesterday trying to speak to the quick start team but no replies . The cancellation team suggested I give this a try before cancelling .  I am however strongly considering cancellation as cannot spend another day on the phone . 

Amazing that I got a super quick response when I speaking to the sales team . After this the service has so far been appalling . 

Help appreciated

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C219 Constant Error

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c219 this is a connectivity error.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the top-right corner will report your connection status including WiFi signal strength.

What does it report?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - it states WiFi is connected etc . 
I think I need an engineer . I am told getting this arranged will be beyond 14 days and I can’t risk being in a contract . 
I will cancel as all  I see is bad press and comments . 
Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@LMA wrote:

Thank you - it states WiFi is connected etc .

If it states WiFi connected, it should also state the signal strength which could be a clue to your underlying problems.

But also, at the bottom of the screen, you can click "Connect to Virgin Media services now" and this may just resolved your issue.

@LMA wrote:

I think I need an engineer . I am told getting this arranged will be beyond 14 days and I can’t risk being in a contract . 

You may need an engineer, or we may be able to diagnose your issue on this forum. There are engineers on here, too - if you can give a little info on what your V6 is saying in certain menus, we may just be able to save the need for an engineer visit. No promises, but if we don't try...

@LMA wrote:

I will cancel as all  I see is bad press and comments . 
Thanks again 

VM are certainly having a bad time at the moment as regards C/S - there's no denying that. But once you get your services up & running, your interactions with C/S should be somewhere between minimal & zero.

If you feel cancellation is the way to go, then you need to call 150 and follow the "I want to cancel" routes. The retentions agent you speak to may well try to resolve your issues and negate the need to cancel - whether you choose to accept that offer, or insist on cancellation, is your choice. I'd recommend being sure of what you actually want to happen, before calling. And stick to it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LMA

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

My sincere apologies for the delay, we have been a little busier than usual at the moment. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience since joining us, this is not what we would want or expect to happen. 

I have taken a look from our side but unfortunately haven't been able to clarify if this issue has been resolved. 

Could you please let us know how you are getting on and we would be happy to help. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos