Menu
Rannoch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

C130 error message

Hi There 

I hope someone out there can help, For some time now when we watch programs we've recorded and catchup and Virgin on demand, the picture quality can be poor (pix elated) and then the whole thing freezes - extremely frustrating when  you are watching great drama. The error code is C130 most of the time. 

I have spoken with Virgin and they tell me:

We're aware of the problem and men are working in your area to fix it. (no fix happens)

We will monitor your tivo box for 48 hours and keep a record of anything happening! (No feedback)

It takes so long to get through to a human voice on the phone it becomes boring, I have been a Virgin customer for near on 20 + years and I like what they do, however I am very frustrated that when I sat down to watch "The Rook" last night it froze up 8 times, I reset the whole system twice and I'm this close to exploding like Mfanwy Thomas (character in The Rook)

Heeeeeeeeeelp please someone, anyone. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 error message

Hi Rannoch

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our on demand services. We understand how frustrating this can be when you just want to watch your favourite shows.

Is this issue just with in demand or do you have this on other channels? Is it with any programme you have recorded or a particular show?

Have you tried to re-seat the cables in the back of the box? Sometimes the freezing may be caused due to a loose connection.

Once you have tried the above and if you are still having issues after these diagnostics please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi 

0 Kudos
Rannoch
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

Thank you for coming back to me. As per my message this happens to On demand, and recorded and catch up. The picture pix elates and freezes up.
I have done all the of the above that you recommended several times and the forum was my last port of call as customer services don't offer much of a solution each time you phone.

Rhona
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Rannoch,

As you have tried all the diagnostics and are still having issues

I will need to look in to this further for you. I will pop you over a private message, click the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Thanks Jodi

0 Kudos