Menu
Kbrazier
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

C130 error every time I watch Netflix to reboot TiVo box

We have had our tv package since Oct 2019. Never been able to watch Netflix without buffering, getting stuck on 25% and then comes up with C130 error. Have to reboot TiVo box to enable us to carry on watching film. Not ideal. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 error every time I watch Netflix to reboot TiVo box

Do you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6? Just check to be sure... https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html 

If so, do you ever see any flashing green lights on the front-left of your box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kbrazier
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes definitely a TiVo. Can’t say I’ve noticed any flashing green lights, but I’ve never checked for them to be honest

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok, there's 2 issues with TiVo boxes (not the V6) where OnDemand, but especially streaming apps, are concerned..

1: The box is fundamentally old, and struggles to run them. There's no getting around that, except by swapping to a V6.

2: The box's internal internet connection fails, but you don't realise it. On the front-left, the second-from-left green LED indicates your TiVo's inbuilt internet. Static on is good, flashing green is bad and means you have a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Kbrazier
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The box is only 12 months old. The second from left green light appears to be constant. 
what do I need to do? Don’t want to pay out anymore money for an upgrade

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You've realistically got 2 options.

1: Pursue the faults route, "my box is rebooting" etc - in fairness, the box shouldn't restart with streaming apps, but loading slowly is entirely to be expected I'm afraid.

2: If you have VM broadband (which is a requirement) and you've had your current bundle/package more than 12months, then look at renegotiating your package and moving to one of the current bundles. It may save you some money, but in return for a new 18month contract, you may be able to negotiate a box-swap to a V6 as part of the deal.