Menu
BobBobbleton
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

C130 and V210 errors

Network availability (C130)

and

on demand temporarily unavailable (V210)

the tivo box doesn't have a network cable, never has been ok for over 5 years I think.

both these errors have appeared in the last week. Also got a green flashing light on the front.

tried a reset of the box from the menus a couple of times. Still the same.

just made some contract changes at a similar time. Wonder whether they are related ?

seems to be lots of other people reporting similar errors ?

Can't run a test from the web, that just gives the oops something's wrong screen..

please can someone from Virgin take a look and advise next steps please. Account details are all up to date.

thanks

Bob

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 and V210 errors

The network cable referred to for TiVo is logical and not physical.

TiVo has its own network connection and it is this that is the problem.

You will need to get Virgin Media to investigate and resolve this issue.

You can wait here for the Virgin Media staff to reach you or phone in on the normal number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dgsw19
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You are right, loads of people with this error evidenced by this forum with lack of internet based on demand TV. Virgin’s help advise singularly fails to address it and contacting them is hopeless. I’ve tried e-mail, the ‘chat’ and just can’t face a call wait. 

Sky offer my package (or at least equivalent) for £25 per month for 3 years guaranteed price. At that I’m seriously considering packing it in and leaving. 
Like others joined forum just to get some help sorting it out - but in fact it reinforces that unfortunately Virgins quality of service and customer care are lacking! Wish others luck getting their Tivos sorted! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Dgsw19 wrote:

You are right, loads of people with this error evidenced by this forum with lack of internet based on demand TV. Virgin’s help advise singularly fails to address it and contacting them is hopeless. I’ve tried e-mail, the ‘chat’ and just can’t face a call wait. 

The final step of https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes advises calling in to C/S if you've not been able to resolve - do you know of anyone who's done this and been left "singularly failed" and unresolved?

Call wait times I agree with, anything beyond 5 minutes is (IMO) a poor show.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vikkibonbikki
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Since last August, I've had issues with error code C130 on my Tivo box every time I try to watch Netflix.  I will have to reconnect at least 3 times during an hour programme!  I've tried to contact someone via online chat and via email several times but received no correspondence.  I have spoken to Virgin staff over the telephone and all they advise is that they will reboot my ancient Tivo box and that will resolve the issue, but it never does.  I have suggested a more modern box seeing as I am paying for a service and for Netflix but not receiving a very good one.  I have recently submitted a complaint about my issue and now have to wait to see if anyone responds or even reads it.  Luckily, my contract is up in April so I'll probably just jump ship instead.

0 Kudos
Dgsw19
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I think there are a number of people in chats related to C130 errors that seem to all say they've contacted Virgin but still have problems, including in this thread.

I am just surprised that given the volume  of users experiencing this issue Virgin don't seem to be being proactive about it, and people are joining these forums to discuss it but find it doesn't really helps that much, on this particular issue. Many seem to express similar frustration to me.

0 Kudos
Dgsw19
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That said, have taken the time to call today and seems to be resolved ('package of data not loaded') so credit where credit's due. And the wait wasn't quite as bad as feared.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobBobbleton,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the On Demand issue. I've ran a check on our systems here, and we'll need an engineer visit to the property as there is an issue.

I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi BobBobbleton,

I've sent you a PM now with the details of the technician visit. Let me know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

BobBobbleton
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The engineer has been.

he explained the modem part of the TiVo box was likely at fault.

he offered 2 solutions - repair existing box or fit new V6 box.

i went for the V6 box.

engineer was very good. On the whole, I'm really happy with Virgin for their response.

thanks

bob

0 Kudos