Menu
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 31 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 Error

Does it mean I'll then only be able watch stuff already recorded and not be able to record anything new?

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 32 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Pretty much. If you look at the terrestrial channels beyond January 24th (these tend to populate during Friday), you'll see all the listings are "To be announced" - it's impossible to set recordings. If your box isn't downloading regular EPG updates, those listings are not going to populate.

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 33 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thank you japitts. I'll keep an eye on this as you advise, and if it comes to pass, then obviously I'll have to ditch the TIVO box I currently have and ask for a new one.

Shame though, I've built up a collection of programmes and movies I'll be sorry to lose.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 34 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I mentioned earlier in this thread the issues I had earlier in the week where I lost broadband access and services available on my TIVO box had been comprised.

I was talking to one of the neighbours who also had problems with her Virgin equipment at the weekend, as did all my neighbours who are Virgin customers. She told me for a time she was unable to use her Virgin i phone.

The Virgin engineer who attended felt all the problems had most likely been caused by a power surge. I'm very much a layperson when it comes to anything like this, so please excuse me in my naivete by querying whether a power surge could cause problems with i phone reception? I don't have one by the way.

I don't think anybody can be 100% sure, but if the problem was definitely caused by a surge, I think I need to go out this weekend and buy an extension lead with power surge protection.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 35 of 36
Flag for a moderator

For starters whether your neighbour has an iPhone, Android phone or basic supermarket PAYG phone, the question is more.. can power surges affect mobile signal?

They can, yes.. if the power surge is at the transmitter site and therefore signal goes off-air. You need to also be aware that whereas with TV, broadband and phone, Virgin operate their own network, it's different with mobile. They're a reseller of one of the big-4 network operators, presently EE. Virgin look after some of the billing and back-end side, but the radio coverage (i.e. the signal your phone uses) is not theirs.

In other words, where your local TV fault is concerned, mobile is completely unrelated.

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 36 of 36
Flag for a moderator

"In other words, where your local TV fault is concerned, mobile is completely unrelated"

Would you say the mobile issue is unrelated then, and purely coincidental?

Thanks japitts.

0 Kudos