Menu
Devonbelle
Tuning in
Message 21 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 Error

Hi Katie,

Technician discovered the ethernet link had failed and set the V6 box to wi-fi, thus solving the problem.

Very many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
absf
Joining in
Message 22 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly the same problem FOR OVER A YEAR. Had technician out who said it’s because of the bandwidth problems. Can connect to Netflix and iplayer via tv’s internet but not via TIVO. Can’t watch on demand. Am I right in thinking this is an Ethernet issue and nothing to do with bandwidth? So something that could have been sorted a year ago?

0 Kudos
jfeatonby
Tuning in
Message 23 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for me for the last week - repeated channel drops, Netflix issues and unable to watch ppv movies due to a C130 error - I've restarted the TIVO box and reset everything multiple times and the issue remains.

I'm sure it is linked to the old issue of the rubber seals failing in the main junction box for the area (which happens every 14 months or so) as it was approximately 14 months ago that I had the same problem happen.

(I'm a long time customer - back from the NTL days - so KNOW that the junction box seal issue is real, usually an engineer is sent over to open the box up, dry it with a large hot air dryer unit then replace the seal - and all is good until the next time)

Try mentioning this potential problem when you contact Virgin, as it is not always your equipment that is the issue.

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 24 of 36
Flag for a moderator

On Saturday I lost both my internet access and also for a short time my TV service, via TIVO. I live in a block of flats and a number of other residents had had the same problems I was experiencing.

Yesterday an engineer came and he would have had a busy day sorting everybody's Virgin's problems out. He told me he wasn't entirely sure what had caused the problems that had occurred for everybody. His guess was that there had been an unexpected power surge and this had adversely affected everybody's services.

Having examined my router and TIVO box he said they would have to be replaced and he went to his van and brought new models. He first installed the new router, but before he took the new TIVO box out of its box, I asked if it was absolutely necessary to replace my old box, since I had a number of recorded programmes and movies on it I would be sorry to lose. It appears the only thing I wouldn't be able to do is access on-demand and catch up services, but still be able to record new content and view programmes I'd already recorded, which is really the only reason I need it, because I have an Amazon Firestick and use this for any on-demand/catch up content I want to view.

So I now have a TIVO box which shows "Network Availability (130) and no on demand/catch up content. with a flickering light at the front of the box, but I'm still able to watch stuff I've already recorded and record new content, which has always been, overwhelmingly, its main purpose for me.

I just wanted to share but please feel free to comment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sharing your experience with us on our community forums regentroad5.

The error that you're getting is concerning the connection of your box to the Virgin Media network, to fix this, please try to reboot your box and then follow the steps below to reconnect to the network.

Select the home button

Select help and settings

Settings

Network

Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

The above should let you connect to the network and clear the error message that you're currently getting.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 26 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

Thanks for reply.

I tried that, but to no avail I'm afraid - getting message, "Network connection unsuccessful" and "Network cable unplugged".

Also, I'm getting error message N27

If I look at the back of the TIVO box I can see three leads, the electricity lead, a HDMI lead and a white lead which is screwed in, all which are securely fitted.

As I said in previous message, I can live without catch-up/on-demand features but had just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Only if you would like me to, I can take a look into your account to see what is happening with your Tivo box and its connection to the network but if you're ok to live with out those services then thats also ok.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 28 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Steve,

I don't mind you having a look at my account to see what's happening with my TIVO box.

The gentleman who came from Virgin yesterday was very nice, and offered to replace my TIVO box, as he did with my router. I was grateful but declined the offer.

So yes, I'm more than happy to live without the services I mentioned. They are not essential to my enjoyment of Virgin.

Best wishes,

Peter.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Peter, I will send over a private message in a moment, so that we can pass account security and look into this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 30 of 36
Flag for a moderator

The only thing you might have a problem with after a week or so, is the TV guide becoming out-of-date. The box attempts to "call home" roughly every 6 hours to (among other things) update the EPG. You can check if this is working via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

If this is regularly failing, then eventually new EPG updates won't download and the existing EPG will drop off.