Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Buttons of Remote not Working

Hello. I'm wondering what to do as my TV remove has a number of faulty buttons: the TV guide button, up button, down button, left button, right button, the back button, 4, 7 and clear button. That may not be all of them, however I believe it is. I've figured out an elaborate way to change the channels and browse the TV guide without using these buttons, but it's majorly inconvenient and I am unable to access all of my recordings.

I was wondering if there's a way to fix the remote, or where I can get a genuine replacement for my remote that will arrive as soon as possible. My mother, father and brother are unable to use the remote, and it's infuriating having to change the channel for them every time they want to watch something.

The remotes for sale on Amazon and eBay all look like scams concocted by a Nigerian prince trying to rob my mother of her money both by the use of '100% genuine' in the description, cheap price and reviews, so I'd like to know where a GENUINE remote can be bought, if I'm unable to fix my current remote.

If possible, provide links to where I can buy a remote online. If you have to ring up to get a replacement remote, send the number so I can get my mum or dad to phone up to get one. Any useful help would be much appreciated. Only reply if you can actually help, please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buttons of Remote not Working

Hi sfwilliams

sorry to hear of your issues. There's no need to buy one.

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos