Menu
Cakie75
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Buffering

Anyone know what I can do if my recordings keep buffering/ pixalating? Really annoying!! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering

Is this only on recordings, or on live TV? Buffering as a symptom should generally only occur on internet-based viewing, such as OnDemand, iPlayer, Netflix, that sort of thing.

Pixellation & picture breakup is a symptom either of poor TV signal (if on live TV) or hard drive problems (if it tends to occur on recorded or "paused" TV viewing)

Ultimately the fix is the same - call VM and report your fault. But the clearer you can be on what types of viewing are affected, the quicker anyone (including VM) can identify the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cakie75
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. It’s just happening with recordings, not live tv. So this afternoon watched first half of rugby match on BT sport with no problems, then recorded second half to watch later. When I tried to play it, it kept jumping/glitching type thing. I fast forwarded it in parts, but did it for the whole recording. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It'd be useful to repeat that on other channels to establish that it's consistent, but that sounds very much like a hard drive problem.

Live TV signals fine, but anything that uses the HDD is problematic, in other words.

The Champions Cup final is gonna be a cracker...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos