Menu
yarhamjohn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broken image/sound on start from standby

I have a new TiVo box and most days when I turn it on for the first time after it has been in standby, the picture and sound flickers. The only solution is to turn the box off and on again at the wall. This isn't great since the box takes 5+ mins to turn on each time.

0 Kudos
campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken image/sound on start from standby

Hi

Try and change the settings on the Virgin box. The screen resolution from 2160 to 1080. This can help. 

Something I remember having to tell a customer was, take the TV set out of standby first then the virgin box. I remember we had an issue with a certain make of TV. 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
yarhamjohn
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your suggestions - I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Unfortunately I have tried both without any consistent success. I have just had the first half of a football match ruined by this and couldn't restart the box as I would miss a large chunk of it.

To be honest as well, whilst these solutions may work for some people I don't really feel like these are acceptable things for anyone to have to do long term. Reducing the resolution is hardly reasonable as a solution given the amount of money paid for this service. 

I will try to get an engineer to look at it but I can't currently envisage renewing with Virgin - I never had these problems with Sky TV. I have been an internet customer with virgin since before virgin media was virgin media but I will seriously look at moving completely away when my contract ends - the website account has never worked ever - loads of pages just say there has been a problem and have never in my memory shown anything else. I could live with that when it was the only issue but this TV thing is really not good enough

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it a Samsung TV? Just asking because other customers, including Sky customers have had similair issues and have had to contact Samung for a firmware update for their TV.

Have you tried the V6 with a different TV?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
yarhamjohn
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its an LG tv. Unfortunately I don't have another TV to try 😞

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi yarhamjohn

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the TV issues. I have ran a check and can see no issues with this. I can however see your downstream power levels are out of spec, this will need a technician visit. I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos