Menu
Sreid1963
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broken TiVo box can I buy a new one from Ebay

I have a broken TiVo box and I have tried all the self help and it still doesn’t not work I have spent along time on the phone and I keep getting told the same as self help. I am willing to buy a new one would I be able to connect it myself 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken TiVo box can I buy a new one from Ebay

Hello

You should never buy one off Ebay as they will not work, as VM will not activate somebodies elses box onto your account, boxes that are sold on Ebay are not the property of the seller and should have been recycled and not sold.

If you are under contract VM will replace the box if it is faulty, what is wrong with the box ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You never “own” a Virgin box. It is rented equipment, & the ones on eBay are being sold illegally. Virgin will not activate any equipment that is not already registered to your account when it is sent out to you by them.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sreid1963,

You say the box is broken. We may be able to help on the forum if you let us know what the actual issues are.

Are you seeing an error messages? Loss of channels, catch up etc? 

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? Are there any local faults showing in that section?

It sounds like you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time. 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've already used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, run tests  etc, then ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos