Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband and tv seevice not working

• hi our broadband is not working it says network cable unplugged and tv says error code 7400 flash round the screen can only get channel 1 to 5 been on phone to virgin for hours over the past 2 days and now waiting for a call back but nothing seems to be happening any help would be great thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband and tv seevice not working

Hi Chris,

if you are only getting channels 1-5 it may be because your box should have been replaced.- however your broadband should still be working.

if this is an old TV box then you'll have to call in to organise a swap.

What type of box have you got?

Some of the onscreen messages you should have seen if it's an outdated box

This is an older type of Virgin Media box and we need to upgrade it. Don't worry, it's totally free with no catches! Simply give us a call on 0345 454 1111 to place your order.

Also
This is one of our older boxes which will not be supported from 1st July and only basic channels will remain. Don't worry, you are entitled to a free upgrade to our latest box, the V6. Just visit virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap or call us on 0345 454 1111 to book your upgrade.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply

We only had it installed in January. Its been 2 days now with no WiFi or tv channels except 1 to 5.it says network availability (c130) then when I test network it says network cable unplugged.i say channels 1 to 5 but you can't really watch them because a box floats round saying error code 7400

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The tv box is a v6 box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris92,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the services not working. I've not been able to locate your account via the details provided on your profile, could you PM me the details?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris92,

I can see we've already booked in a technician for next week. Please let us know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK ty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So everything is back and working as normal.the engineer came out today and was very helpful .the router had frozen and needed replacing