Menu
vindi62
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Bundles

What is the “FUN” bundle called today?  I am on the fun bundle, and they are charging me a ridiculous £64 a month.  Are they charging me for another TiVo which they gave me FREE of charge?  When I first joined Virgin, my monthly fee was about £28 a month

Big bundle at the cost of £33 a month.

Bigger Bundle at the cost of £45 a month.

Bigger Bundle plus Sports at a cost of £65 a month. 

Why doesn’t Virgin create a simple “Windows Mail” email address so customers can get in touch with them with their problems, such as the one I have with paying far too much on my Fun Bundle?   I may have to think about changing Broadband to a cheaper company.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Bundles

'Why doesn’t Virgin create a simple “Windows Mail” email address so customers can get in touch with them with their problems'

because logistically it would be a nightmare with virgin's size and what they do. multiple questions which are then forwarded or printed off to different departments. some departments reply quickly, customer then gets back as no reply to every query. more printouts and forwarding. it would be a nightmare. i've been there myself with it. both times we stopped the email address function in my previous jobs. neither have brought it back since.

as for your main query, check this out https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide
vindi62
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So basically, Virgin doesn't give a flying **** about the customers getting in touch with them?  The same happened when I was with BT, and why I left them.  I think I will reseach Talk Talk and see if they have simple email addresses so customers can get in touch with them.  Since I first joined them my package has doubled.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

and if you haven't been in touch by phone to sort out a better deal you'll be paying over the odds for old packages.
vindi62
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I used an old email address which welcomed me to Virgin Media, which I'm waiting for a reply.  As for phoning them, the last time I did that they kept me hanging on for age, (as all companies do) which cost me a small fortune.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi vindi62,

Virgin don't have a customer facing email address. If hyou check the Welcome email you will find in small print that the post box is unattended. Probably something along the lines of P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address. 

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@vindi62 wrote:

I used an old email address which welcomed me to Virgin Media, which I'm waiting for a reply.  As for phoning them, the last time I did that they kept me hanging on for age, (as all companies do) which cost me a small fortune.

What number did you call, that cost a small fortune? The published number - 0345 4541111 is charged at the same rate as any other call to a UK landline.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vindi62
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I used the 150 number.  Using any number, unless they give you an 0800 number, it's the idea they keep you hanging on for ages, which makes the phone bill higher.  And most of the time they really can't help you, or they give you another number to call, then you through all the same rubbish waiting.  ALL companies should have a simple "Windows Mail" email address for customers, then we can add attachments also.

0 Kudos
vindi62
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dave, I try to aviod using the phone, like you say they keep you hanging on, and the phone bill goes through the roof.  It's not only Virgin that doesn't have an ordinary Windows Mail email address, all companies seem to do the same, I don't thiong they want their customers bothering them.

0 Kudos