Menu
gastropoda
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Break up of TV signal

I am getting intermittent break up of TV signal my freeview aerial doesn’t suffer this on the same channels how do I get someone in Virgin to fix it without going through the agonising wait on the phone!

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Break up of TV signal

This forum is mainly a user-forum, with VM staff around to pick up the loose threads, so it depends how much you want your fault fixed!

You can either wait around here for (probably) a few days for staff to pick it up and then arrange things via an exchange of PMs, or you can call in, put your phone on speaker/handsfree and get on with something else while you wait. I know you really shouldn't have to.

I appreciate it's frustrating... Just make sure you've already rebooted your box, because many C/S agents are keen to do that for you and chalk the call up as "resolved"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your tv signal gastropoda.

I can see that you have recently rebooted your box, has this cleared the issue up at all? If not please could you  

Please could you check to make sure that all of your cables are correct and tightly plugged in, in the tv and into the box on the wall.

Is your box in a well ventilated area without anything covering the ventilation holes?

Are you watching via a scart or HDMI cable, if possible could you try with a different HDMI cable to see if this helps.

We have also staged this over to 2nd line for the team to monitor, in case this is something from our side.

Please can you give the checks above a go and let me know how it goes and if doesn't work and you're still having issues over the next 24-48 hours, please get in touch.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
gastropoda
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It hasn’t been breaking up in the last couple of days but the apps like bbc iPlayer and Netflix take an age to load.  The first couple of minutes when the iPlayer does load the picture freezes and re starts several times before settling down to playback. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gastropoda, 

Thanks for your post and thanks to the help from people above. I'm just sorry you're having this issue with your TV service. 

I would love to have a closer look into this for you, I'm going to send you a private message so we can chat about your account securely. Look out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos