Menu
zingbats
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Box out of stock

After our current TiVo 500 box kept crashing, being slow and not recording reliably, I spent the better part of 3 hours between customer service, technical support and even retentions.

I was recommended by all to get the V6 box as it's better than the TiVo 500. They originally wanted to charge me for it! However, when tech finally agreed a replacement was needed, they said there were no V6 boxes in stock, and they couldn't tell me when they'd be back.

Is this likely to be true? I wonder if they're sending out a TiVo 500 because we're on an old Fun bundle from years and years ago, and it's not compatible with their latest box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box out of stock

There have been some localised shortages of equipment recently, although the exact nature (which boxes, and what the alternatives are) has varied. When V6 boxes have been in short supply, VM have sometimes prioritised stock levels for existing V6 customers needing fault replacements - this may be a reason why you're being offered a TiVo for a TiVo.

I don't see any reason why your Fun bundle would be incompatible with a V6, although Fun a long-since obsolete bundle and you might well get better value from a newer deal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box out of stock

It's probably true, lots of companies are having big problems due to microchip shortages, eg. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/21/global-shortage-in-computer-chips-reaches-crisis-po.... New stock is arriving months later than originally planned.

0 Kudos