cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box not recording full programs

dockerdooley
Joining in

Quite often I set a programme to record and when I play it back the recording hasn’t been recorded in full, it cuts off midway through, and message are you finished with this recording, delete now. 

it’s really spoiling my viewing experience, and I am missing out on movies or programs, I have contacted the help desk and they sent me a link which didn’t help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of possibilities here, and the red status bar will assist in diagnosing.

1: The box is restarting partway through the recording, which creates 2 recordings with a short gap in-between. Recording 1's status bar will fill from the left, recording 2's status bar will fill from the right.

2: The programme is overrunning, but the recording is "complete" according to the published schedule. In this case, the status bar will be full, and the length of the recording will match what you'd expect.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of possibilities here, and the red status bar will assist in diagnosing.

1: The box is restarting partway through the recording, which creates 2 recordings with a short gap in-between. Recording 1's status bar will fill from the left, recording 2's status bar will fill from the right.

2: The programme is overrunning, but the recording is "complete" according to the published schedule. In this case, the status bar will be full, and the length of the recording will match what you'd expect.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for input deffo not number 1
and re number two on one occasion I recorded a 2 hour movie but only 46 minutes was actually recorded, it doesn’t happened all the time but is becoming more frequent. Status bar shows 46 mins and partial.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does anything show in recording hiccups for these truncated recordings?

Thanks never thought of checking that will have a look and let you know.