Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Box keeps powering up and down

Hi I have a Cisco 500GB box and for the past 2 days it’s been turning itself on and off again, around every 20 minutes can’t watch anything Live or on demand due to the interruption and my recordings are becoming interpreted also. Could I have somebody contact me?

I’ve checked all connections. I’ve even unplugged the box and had it off all night, plugged everything back in and it’s still starting up and powering down. Extremely annoying and frustrating can’t watch anything with the constant interruption. Any help please???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box keeps powering up and down

Hi,

I am Darren virginmedia a area field tech,

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number. You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name. I can then run some diagnostics on your equipment and see further into your issue.

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.

Regards

Darren Hollands

Refer a friend to virginmedia and get 50 pounds off your bill

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box keeps powering up and down

Hi,

it sounds like you will need a new STB, please send me a PM with your account number and area ref and I can take a look at this for you.

Many Thanks, Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more