Menu
Leapjones
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box become unreliable

Afternoon

I have the old Tivo box and it has become almost impossible to use. It crashes all the time in the middle of Netflix/YouTube. I am unable to stream on demand things without them buffering all the time and it will often randomly just reatart

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box become unreliable

The older TiVo box, while being perfectly serviceable, really isn't best suited to the heavy streaming apps and if it's just slow running you're suffering, I'm afraid the only fix is to swap for a V6 box - assuming you have VM broadband.

However, quite often issues with streaming on the TiVo can be due to the inbuilt 'net connection failing without you realising. No net connection means no OnDemand, streaming or TV Guide updates and is a fault. Do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left of your TiVo when you have problems? The second-from-left is the one to look for.

And if your box is restarting anything more than occasionally and overnight, that's a fault too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Leapjones
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. Do you know how id go about an upgrade to a v6, once heard of the free upgrades before but never been bothered, would be happy to and I'm a broadband customer. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There's a can of worms, and the short answer is, you'll be best off taking this as part of a wholesale package renewal. In other words - if you're out of contract, then do a complete review of your package with a view to re-contracting onto a current bundle for 18months and making sure a box-swap is part of the new contract.

There's plenty of advice about how to review the current packages if "required".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leapjones, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with our Tivo box, we understand the frustration caused especially when it is freezing and crashing constantly.

As its been a short while since your last post how has the Tivo box been since Sunday? Are you still having the ongoing issues? You can check the link here  to see if this offers you any additional support. 

Please let us know and we will investigate this further for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos