Menu
Highlighted
capturts
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box Won't Play Large Recording

We did a large (14 hour) manual recording and can't seem to play it back. It says it takes 4% and is 35Gb in size. But, on the Play/Delete/Related/etc screen, when pressing Play, the screen briefly clears and then comes back to that screen. No error message, just nothing.

Any idea how to get it to play?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Won't Play Large Recording

It may be larger than the maximum file size Linux can handle or at least that's the only thing I can think of

japitts
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thinking back to the last couple of Olympics, we recorded several 6-8hour programmes and they worked fine. But otherwise... assuming you've done the usual box reboots, trying smaller recordings etc etc, I'd only suggest what danny has come up with.

0 Kudos
capturts
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried rebooting, it made no difference. I've not had any problems with any other recordings, but they are usually the standard hour or so, nothing like the size of this one.

0 Kudos
capturts
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the thoughts, I don't know that it's to do with that, as I'm sure I have bigger files on my laptop. I'm only guessing, but it's most likely to use ext4, which can have files into TB sizes... Also, it says the file is that size, surely if it was too big, if would have truncated the recording as the file hit the maximum size?

0 Kudos