cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmarks not working

PompeyLass
Joining in

I have got a Tivo Box and have alot of problems getting programmes to Bookmark into my shows. Some channels are ok at times, really big problems with Channel 4 and Channel 5. Try to Bookmark through On Demand - Episodes - Upcoming and doesnt do anything. Sometimes if i am lucky enough to get the Bookmarks, when i replace the recordings with the bookmarks, it works ok, but when i go back into my shows, they have all dissappeared!! I have to leave one episode as recorded in order to have the rest as Bookmarks. Some days when i go into my shows i will suddenly have a long list of Bookmarks that i have either already deleted or that i had tried to get days - weeks - months ago.

Im guessing/assuming that its to do with Virgin Media. I know its not the Tivo box as i tested it out on someone elses Tivo Box and the same problems happen.

Yes - i have restarted the Box many times.

Any ideas or suggestions or solutions would be gratefully received

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know about some of your issues, but also there's some queries I have with what you've explained.

There are some issues currently with VoD bookmarks for ITV & C4, where they can appear under the "Not currently available" folder but otherwise be fully functional. This seems to apply whether they're manually created bookmarks or a "recordings & streaming videos" SL.

If you're saying that recordings are being replaced with VoD bookmarks and/or being deleted, then that's another issue and something that shouldn't happen.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello

Sorry for the delay - thank you for your reply.

I think the issues around Bookmarks are bigger than VM realise. Channel 5 is the worst. I still can't Bookmark a series from July. Episode 1 doesn't even show for a Bookmark even though I can watch it if I go into it. The rest of the series won't Bookmark at all. Nothing on Ch 5 will Bookmark. Ch 4 is no better. I've now got a problem with a recent programme on BBC1 that won't Bookmark. ITV and BBC are generally hit and miss. Cable Channels on the whole are ok. Odd issue now and again with delay.

The last few months I will have Bookmarks come on that I had forgotten about. This week alone I've had ones from 2021 - 2019 and even 2014. 

I've also noticed for a long time that there can be issues when "searching". For example, searched for a programme that starts Sunday and was nowhere to be found. Had to look for it through TV Guide. This has happened before a few times.

Also, if I look at episodes for a new series, there are times when the Dates and info are all over the place.Episodes are in order, but the Dates vary. Meaning some don't get recorded.

This is just a few I will mention for now. The whole thing is a bit of a mess really.

Sorry for the long reply. I pay far too much money for loyalty and a very poor service. It's all been going on for far too long now and it's not fair

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PompeyLass wrote:

Also, if I look at episodes for a new series, there are times when the Dates and info are all over the place.Episodes are in order, but the Dates vary. Meaning some don't get recorded.

Do you have specific examples?

First-aired-date is fundamental to TiVo/V6 recording logic, episode numbering is an extra on top.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey PompeyLass, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are having some issues with your bookmarks.

Thank you for the information you have provided, has this only been happening since July 2022?

Have you tried rebooting the box at all?

Please can you let me know what type of shows this is happening with and what year / date they were broadcasted. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?