cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black borders on some +1 channels especially ITV4 +1

TRT1968
Superfast

Since the outage yesterday some channels have had disruption to their format signalling. I know it's not the box itself as the menus are all the right size and the tv reports the correct 4K signal. The tv picture itself is squished up with wide black borders particularly on adverts and some content. The same isn't true of the non-time-shifted channel. Will this gradually come back to normal or is it some manual process fine per channel? What's going on? It would be nice to know just out of technical curiosity. 

5 REPLIES 5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TRT1968,

thanks for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, is this the only channel affected?

Do you have a picture of this?

Zoie

Situation has improved but there are odd instances of d st similar on other channels.   

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TRT1968 wrote:

Situation has improved but there are odd instances of d st similar on other channels.   

such as? Specifics can be useful in these circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'll be sure to keep a notebook to hand to jot down everytime I notice it.

Fewer and fewer instances of this are cropping up. I believe it's missing metadata, but thankfully some back room technician who is no doubt under paid and undervalued is gradually fixing it!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TRT1968

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Please do keep us updated with how your service is and we can take this from here.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs