Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Big updates coming? User interface is ... well, dated

Hi there

I've been on the V6 for a few years now.  I got one of the first in the first couple of months they were released, so I've had it a long time.

The interface is well ... I think I'd call it functional, to be polite.  I've got a big TV, but I assume a high percentage over the years have moved from smaller to larger TVs - and average screen size is increasing.  However, the interface resolution is still really low and font sizes are huge.  The Guide fits on about 10-12 channels at a time ... but if I look at everything else I've got - Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Plex, and more ... their interfaces have stayed more with the times.

Does anyone know if the V6 interface is due a big update?  If there's higher resolution versions coming, or if there's going to be tweaks to make more of the screen real estate?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big updates coming? User interface is ... well, dated

There will be little if any significant change to the current TiVo software interface.

At some stage, there will be a change to the Horizon 4 platform, currently available in some other European Liberty Global companies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ernie ...

Thanks for the reply. OK, cool. Do you know if there's an ETA for that?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was due to be sometime this year but I would think plans have been put back due to the current crisis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cool. Yes sure, understand. Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos